How to start "Remote Registry" service
This is no longer required for remote scan since Recover Keys version 7.0 (it will start and stop it when needed itself). Since version Recover Keys 8.0 remote registry is not used, but agent deployment instead.
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
This service is not started by default in Windows Vista and Windows 7. To start it please complete the following steps:
- Open 'Control panel'
- Select 'Administrative tools'
- Open 'Services'
- Find 'Remote registry' service, like on this picture:
- Double-click on 'Remote registry'
- Change 'startup type' to 'Automatic'
- Click on 'Start' to start service.
- Click OK.
Requirements. What needs to be set on remote PC?